about me...

I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama. I spent my first two years of college at Faulkner State Community College. I am currently in the College of Education at South Alabama. I aspire to become a Physical Education Teacher, along with becoming a High School Basketball Coach. Coaching is something I have always wanted to pursue, and I have always felt it is my calling. Coaching is very much like teaching, except the bonds formed with your players are stronger, and coaching is a bit more vocal.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Failure Is Not In My Vocabulary

I want to always make sure that my students and my players never fail. Failure is not an option. You may not pass a test, but you can look back over the material, find the mistakes you made, and try not to make them again. Everyone makes mistakes, and no one is perfect. I realize that there is no way to achieve perfection, but that does not mean that we shouldn't strive for it. It you want to be successful, you never give up, you never say die. You press forward with every bit you have to give, and you will do anything but fail. A student may not pass a test, we may lose the championship, we may come up short of the goals we set, but we did not fail. Failing only occurs when you quit. Failing comes to your mind when your tired, when you believe you have nothing left to give. But no matter how tired or frustrated you are, you never give in, you never quit, and you never fail. Failing is not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment