about me...

I am a Junior at the University of South Alabama. I spent my first two years of college at Faulkner State Community College. I am currently in the College of Education at South Alabama. I aspire to become a Physical Education Teacher, along with becoming a High School Basketball Coach. Coaching is something I have always wanted to pursue, and I have always felt it is my calling. Coaching is very much like teaching, except the bonds formed with your players are stronger, and coaching is a bit more vocal.

Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Will Always Be There For My Students, At School or At Home

I always want my students to know that I will always be there for them no matter what. I know what it is like to be in their shoes. It is hard being in high school and trying to grow up at the same time. You have teachers to answer to, homework that is due, deadlines to meet, tests to take, and peer pressure everyday. I want all of the students to know that whether they are in my class or not, my door is always open and if I cannot help them figure a situation or problem out, I will find them someone who can. You should feel safe at school, you should feel like you can talk to your teachers about anything, and I want them to know that I am willing to listen and help. If they need a ride home, a place to stay, someone to pick them up or call when their in trouble, I want to be that person. Every kid deserves a chance to succeed, and every kid will have a problem. I just want them to know that they do not have to face it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment